Saturday, July 21, 2012

REVIEW: NYX Lip Products

I'm extremely picky when it comes to lip products. I don't use lip gloss and lipsticks because it just dries out my lips after I wear it for hours. Plus, I don't like how sticky most lipsticks and lip gloss feels when I put it on. But I cannot completely give up on lip products so I've been in what seems like a life-long search for the perfect lip products for me. And jillions of cosmetic reviews and articles later, I found these amazing lip products from NYX:

First one is their lip pencils, what I like to do when I use a lip pencil is to apply a lip balm first so the lip pencil glides smoothly on the lips. 

                                  
                                            SHADE (L-R): Pumpkin, Plush Red, Nude Pink, Burgundy



HITS:
  •  it's very pigmented, you don't have to go over and over again to get the color you want.                  
  •  it's not sticky.
  •  it will last you a long time, the length is average but the good things is it's not hard to sharpen, the tip is more rigid than most lip pencils have, that's why it doesn't break easily when you sharpen it.
  • it's cheap, each pencil costs around Php.110-130.

MISSES:
  • it comes in 60 shades but the brown and red hues are way too similar.
  • the "color swatch/indicator" at the tip of the pencil is a bit misleading, so if you want to see the real color, you really have to look for actual swatches.


Next lip products I absolutely love is the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme. As the label says: "It's not lipstick, nor is it gloss. It's like nothing you've experienced before. It's lipstick cream that goes on silky but looks soft matte". Like I said, I don't like lipstick and lip gloss so it's just pretty obvious that I would love this one. It comes in 11 beautiful shades and these are the ones that I adore the most. Price range: Php. 250-290.                
                                 
                             
                                         SHADE(L-R): Monte Carlo, San Paulo, Addis Ababa


HITS:
  • like what they said in the packaging, it does apply "silky".
  • it's very pigmented.
  • it smells great, which I think is a MUST for all lip products.
  • it stays on for the whole day.
MISSES:
  • the applicator makes it hard to create precise lines especially on the top lip, so when I use a darker shade, I still have to grab a lip brush so I won't make a mess.


Last product is the NYX Matte Lipstick. I never tried a Matte Lipstick before and that's why I decided to try this one. And I end up loving it. Bought mine for Php. 250.

SHADE: Sierra
HITS:
  • it stays on for a long time.
  • it applies really smooth on the lips.
  • it smells really great.



All products from: DIGITAL TRAINCASE.



2 comments:

  1. where could you buy nyx products here in the PH?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Shuesh is the only shop I know that carries some NYX items. But I think they only sell lip and face products. It's still best to shop online because you can get better deals. I linked one above :)

      Delete